Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Love and Terror

Why is letting people love you sometimes the hardest thing in the world to do?

I don't know, but the answer is tangled in the web that makes you love people who don't in fact love you the way you are.  You're just a piece of work waiting to be altered. 

Men seem to like the wild in me, but as soon as I commit to them, they start trying to tame it.  It doesn't end well, and I mean for me, either.  They find someone else, and I find my self-esteem around my ankles.   

'It's like The Taming of the Shrew,' a friend suggested.  Gee THANKS.  Because who doesn't love being called a nasty little rodent?  (Seriously, isn't that what a shrew is?)

Okay, COMPUTER!  We're not even a minute away from that Star Trek model where you just say Computer!  And it pulls out the answer.  Right now I have to get on a new tab and google shrew.  SIGH.
It's terrifying how fast we get used to convenience.

So yeah, a shrew has 'heavy dentition' -- meaning serious fangs.  More like tusks.  Tame THAT mothafucka!

Does this mean I have an 'attitude' problem?  I don't feel like I do...I mostly feel like I'm always on the verge of apology.  Though the last time a man wrote to me 'I can't get you out of my mind' I wrote, 'Try.'  He said, 'That worked.'  I instantly apologized, but I could NOT resist the joke!  Is that it means to try to be a comedian?  To just blurt shit out (always asking forgiveness, never permission)? -- yup.  Pretty sure that's it.

Apparently it also means being a huge potty-mouth.  No problem there!  Especially after I saw that much re-shared post about people who swear being more intelligent (of course, there's a limit; if you put fuckin between every other word, you're just a fuckin moron).

Huh?  What do you mean, off-topic?  

Am reading this book, He's Scared/She's Scared, and I can't help but think, Jesus Christ, shouldn't we be??
Given what I know, consider me terrified!

Heartbreak, now that is truly frightening -- when you actually feel a fissure beneath your sternum and between your ribs -- I push my fingers into it, and it's like there's this ragged hole where I need my soul to be.  I let my soul go too easily. 

But what's the point, if you don't?  It's a conundrum. It's a koan.  It's the narrative we have to live in order to find out who we love, who to love, and, I hope, how to do it better.  Animals, friends, family, lovers, the Dalai Lama, and every sentient being in anguish and need.
(Wait, this was supposed to be about intimacy...)
I crave it, but if it's given too easily, I am suspicious. I become wary caustic girl.  Those are my super-heroine powers!)  

Has anyone yet realized that oh is the opposite of ho??
Yes I think I am the first!
(See, start talking about intimacy and I'm about to turn this machine off and go read my new book, I Love Dick.  F'real).

HA!

Over and out.






3 comments:

  1. Thank you, darling Wary Caustic Girl, for this peek into your soul. All points well taken, but keep the faith! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, You are all woman. I love your wonderful, wild roar. From what I feel and experience,the key to genuine intimacy is acknowledging and accepting our light and showdow sides and then unconditional love comes from inside out and intimacy is truly free choice and limitless. Yes, you are strong and gentle loving woman. No shrew about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx to two of my greatest fans -- I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete